ST MARY'S ANNUAL CHURCH MEETING (APCM)
St Mary's APCM is usually held in April or May but due to lockdown this will now take place on Wednesday 7 October 2020 at 8pm start at St Mary's Church.
The Electoral Roll and Finances are reported on at this meeting as well as looking back with thanksgiving over the last year.
On this page you will find details of:
The Electoral Roll (and the form to complete to join)
Details of PCC and Deanery Synod applications
APCM papers (will be available a week before the meeting)
If you have been attending St Mary's for at least 6 months and are baptised and at least 16 years of age, you are able to join the Electoral Roll and you will need to complete a form - click here for the form.
Please complete it and return it to email@example.com marked for the attention of Julie Lee our Electoral Roll Officer.
At this meeting the Churchwardens are elected or re-elected and also new members of the PCC (Parochial Church Council) and Deanery Synod are introduced and elected.
PCC and Deanery Synod Members
If you would like to be considered to be nominated as a PCC member or a Deanery Synod member, you will become a Trustee of St Mary's Loughton. Please feel free to speak to Malcolm if you would like some more information.
Qualifications for the PCC and Deanery Synod (members of which will also stand on St. Mary’s PCC)
Those to be elected must be:
· Aged 17 or over
· On the Electoral Roll (to be on the electoral roll you must have attended St Mary's for at least 6 months and be baptised)
· Baptised Christians who regularly receive communion at St. Mary’s.
Available to attend the PCC meetings (meetings approximately 6 times a year - Wednesdays) and if elected for Deanery Synod, Deanary Synod meetings as well which take place approximately four times a year and report back to the PCC.
The PCC and Deanery Synod representatives are elected by the congregation. In St. Mary’s we are concerned to find men and women who are:
· called by the Lord to serve in this way
· committed to the worshipping life and activities of St. Mary’s
· ready to lay aside personal interests in looking for the vision of the Church
· prepared to help the incumbent, giving time and prayer to reach decisions together
· willing to share the responsibility for the maintenance, care and preservation of the church property
· willing to take an active interest in and responsibility for the giving, budgets and accounts of the Church
· prepared to commit themselves to attending all the meetings of the PCC and, where appropriate the Deanery Synod, as far as possible
Nomination form for PCC member - click here
Nomination form for Deanery Synod member - click here
Trustee forms (please read if you would like to stand as a PCC or Deanery Synod member) - click here